300 Grand Street
The former Keuffel & Esser factory was built in 1867 to manufacture precision instruments for the architectural, engineering and drafting professions. Their products were used in planning the Brooklyn Bridge and in 1891 the factory produced the first slide rule manufactured in the United States. After relocating to another building nearby, the building was converted to residential apartments in the 1980s and renovated again in 2015. Metal Work, Wall Covering, Lighting, Furnishing, Decorative Art and Styling for the Lobby and Leasing Office.
Photo Credit: Gieves Anderson